The Tabernacle not only hosts it’s own events but is also available for private hire. We hold a full alcohol license. The tabernacle is perfect venue for private hire as it is an intimate space with beautiful acoustics and natural light. We can provide the space for events such as birthday parties, seated dinners, special occasions such christening parties, wakes, wedding parties, corporate events.
You can find a list of facilities below, alternatively contact us for more information.
We welcome any bookings within our licensing hours and can provide the following:
• Kitchen for up to 35 covers,
• Full bar and staff
• DJ decks
• Accoustic vocal PA
• Classical musicians
The Tabernacle has hosted many public and private events – these include:
• Owen Sheers – Pink Mist – a special and exclusive reading by the author with accompanying musical soundscape
• Wales Pen Cynru – welsh writers opening night with Somali Refuge AbdiazizAbdinur
• Stella Grundy – one woman show “ Rise and Fall of a Northern Star”
• Bara Bread – theatre production
• Hay Festival weekend – a private art show
We have also hosted both private birthday parties and private New Years Eve events.
The interior ground floor space provides approximately 500 sq feet of available space with a commercial kitchen, and 2 toilets ( one of which has disabled access).
We have recently put secondary glazing in and a central heating will be installed by winter 2015.
There is a small stage and a plain white wall above which could be used for film or video projection.
Upstairs there are a number of original pews.
We can provide seating for 60 downstairs and 40 upstairs.
We can also provide 3 large trestle tables, 60 chairs and 4 small bistro tables ( for any pop-up restaurant or culinary function).
Broadband is available.
We have a small vocal PA, stage lighting and 2 technic record decks with mixer and speakers.
Fully equipped kitchen
We approached Russell Norman, London restaurateur and author of “Polpo”: A Venetian Cookbook ( of sorts) to help us with ideas for a kitchen. He suggested we put in a small commercial kitchen which could have a variety of uses from pop-up restaurants to cookery demonstrations and classes, book launches and taster sessions.
Full kitchen spec. below:
- Mini Combi – Convotherm (model number OES6:06 Mini)
- plus various trays
- Electric Grill – Salamander Lincat (model no AS3)
- Convection oven- Falcon Model ( model no E711)
- Induction hob x 2 – Lincat (model no IH21)
- Refrigerated counter – Gram ( model no K1407CSHALR)
- Freezer undercounter – Gram (model no F210RG3N)
- Dishwasher – Comenda ( model no LF321MD/DP
- 2 sinks
- 2 Hatco heat Lamps
- Nespresso industrial coffee machine
- Assortment of pans and utensils
- White crockery
- 3 trestle tables
- Up to 60 chairs